A Canoe Journey of Discovery ~ providing the traveller with an intimate introduction to the beautiful River Spey ~ her history & heritage; wildlife & her people, distilleries & malt-whiskies. Facilitated by the Spey’s most experienced River Guide ~ Dave Craig ~ who has a 40+ years connection & in-depth knowledge of Speyside.
Why Choose Spirit of the Spey?
- Memorable Canoe Journeys through stunning Scottish Highland scenery
- Expert coaching and all required technical equipment provided
- Paddle your craft through the Cairngorms National Park, Highlands & Morayshire.
- Become immersed in the beauty of Strathspey, Scotland.
- Experience the True Spirit of the majestic River Spey whilst paddling through picturesque Speyside
- Once navigated by coracles or currachs and for floating rafts of logs to shipyards at Spey Bay. the Spey is Scotland’s most natural water path, ideal for canoe touring
- Close encounters with wildlife: animals ~ birds ~ the iconic wild Atlantic salmon
- Get to know the people and the social & natural history of the River Spey
- Unique opportunities to gain deep insight into Speyside malt whiskies
- Distillery tours and exclusive malt whisky tastings
- “Come and Try It” ~ Canoe Coaching Days available throughout the year
- Bespoke corporate days/events with a difference
Introductory / Improver 1 Day courses available as well as 3 or 4 Day Journeys. Journey accommodation-options include ~ camping, high quality B & B or a luxurious Guest Houses/Hotels.
Spey Journeys are available throughout the year, but mainly March – October. Please call to enquire re dates and availability.